Today, we’re putting light on Dyson V8 vs V10 honest comparison.
Cleaning your home has to be among the most frustrating but necessary aspects of being an adult. If there’s a way to do it more efficiently instead of working more, it could significantly change. One of the best tools to buy for cleaning is the Dyson cordless vacuum.
It can be a simple method of keeping your home tidy, mainly if you are living in a smaller space in a smaller apartment. Or need the best vacuum that’s not difficult to get from the closet for every mess or spill (thereby increasing the likelihood that you’ll get rid of the mess promptly).
Dyson V8 vs V10 Overview
Dyson’s cordless stick vacuums are light, easily maneuverable, and made for use in everyday life. For instance, Dyson’s popular V8 and V10 stick vacuums weigh just under six pounds, while the upright models are heavier and weigh over fifteen pounds (and up).
The cordless models offer between 25 and 60 minutes to vacuum, depending on what model is used and the power mode. Easily convert into handhelds and do not have any cords to stumble over.
Also read: How good is Dyson DC58?
Let’s take a look at the overall picture of both:
1. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Hard Floors’ Choice
We’ve found that hard floors can be an effort to clean more than carpets. It’s tough to clean every bit of dust or dirt off, and if you do not, it will show up in a greater way. That’s why the Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum can help.
This vacuum can clean your hardwood floors in no time. It will capture the most dust it can to ensure that they’ll be impressed with your home’s cleanliness when guests visit.
If you’re a carpet owner, do not fret, as it works for both types of flooring. You can watch as it absorbs even the dirtiest and the dustiest dirt that gets on your flooring.
We also like that the vacuum can be quickly converted to the handheld version, ideal for areas, stairs, or even for cleaning your vehicle.
- It sifts out fine allergens and bacteria, providing a cleaner environment.
- It is effective on both carpets and hard floors.
- It’s light and easy to move.
- Up the battery’s life to 60 minutes.
- It’s ideal for cleaning all the corners of your home, including furniture and even your vehicle.
- It performs better on flooring that is hard than on carpets.
- The battery’s lifespan is 10-15 minutes, with the suction at its highest setting.
- It can take up to an hour for the air filter to fully dry. This leaves your vacuum ineffective for a whole day.
- Our trust is with Amazon
Also read: Is Dyson Fluffy Head truly an excellent choice?
2. Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum
Best Dyson Vacuum for Carpets
Get your carpets from dirty to completely clean using the Dyson V8 Animal vacuum. It’s never been easier to use, thanks to the cord-free design and the incredible suction power.
The V8 Animal provides 40 minutes of running time, enough to clean most homes before switching it back on charge. It’s a light and flexible vacuum that’s easily maneuverable through the home and reaches into tight spaces, and can even be used to clean underneath furniture.
Another benefit to this vacuum is that it’s made to clean houses with pets. If you’ve got a pet, you recognize the difficulty of cleaning up after their mess. This vacuum features a filtration system that thoroughly removes pet dander and allergens, leaving behind much healthier air.
Although it’s made specifically for carpets, it can also be used on hard floors. It’s just got 150 percent more power for the brush than prior Dyson vacuum models, making it the best choice to use on carpets.
- It is effective on hard and carpet floors.
- It can transform into a handheld vacuum ideal for furniture and staircases.
- It’s fantastic on furniture, too.
- There is no need to get your hands on the dirt bin while emptying it.
- The cordless style makes it simple to use and move.
- For up to 40 mins of vacuum time
- The handle isn’t ergonomically designed and can be uncomfortable for many users.
- If used at the highest settings for suction, the battery can last between 10 and 25 minutes.
- You might need to replace your battery each year, which isn’t covered under the warranty.
- Our trust is with Amazon
Difference between the Dyson V8 VS Dyson V10?
Alongside the numbers in the title and the number, there are some variations between Dyson’s V8 and V10 models. The V8 is available in two versions: The Absolute and Animal.
This animal model is designed to be used in homes with pets. However, the one contrast between these two models is that Animal is featured on Dyson’s site as being certified asthma – and allergy-friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
The two vacuums are equipped with full filtering capabilities, and if you go to the AAFA website, they both have their models classified as certified.
The Animal is slightly lighter (we’re talking 5.63 instead of 5.75 pounds ), but it comes with smaller accessory options and is a bit less expensive at retail ($399.99 against $449.99).
Dyson V8 vs. Dyson V10 Features and Accessories
Features of Dyson V10
- Three power modes
- Emptying the Point-and-Shoot bin
- A maximum of 60 minutes running time, as well as a 3.5-hour charging time
- The V10 motor has a 20 percent greater suction capacity than the V8 motor.
- 0.20-gallon bin
- V8 Animal comes has a cleaning head (torque cleaner head with drive) and six additional accessories comprising a combo device, crevice tools, a mattress tool for upholstery, and a small soft dusting brush docking station, as well as a charger.
- Its V10 Absolute comes with two cleaning heads (soft roller cleaner heads for hard floors and a strong cleanser head that is torque driven) and six additional accessories that include a crevice tool and a mini motorized tool. Miniature soft dusting tool docking station, as well as a charger.
- The V8 Allergy comes with one cleaning head (direct-drive cleaner) and six additional accessories that include a combination device, crevice tool, mini motorized tool, Soft Dusting Brush, Docking Station, and charger.
Features of Dyson V8
- There are two power options (MAX mode, which lasts 7 minutes of powerful suction, and the Powerful mode, which is ideal for daily use)
- The bin is empty with no touch (push an icon, and the lid will open, and dirt falls into the bin’s bottom).
- Up to 40 minutes of running time, as well as the time to charge for five hours
- V8 motor that spins at 110,000 RPM
- 0.14-gallon bin
- Filter that can be washed and used for a lifetime
- V8 Animal comes with one cleaning head (direct-drive cleaner head for carpets), and six other accessories are comprising a combo tool, crevice tool, mini motorized tool, gentle dusting tool, docking station, and charger.
- V8 Absolute comes with two cleaning heads (a soft roller cleaner head for hard floors and one with direct drive for carpets) and nine other accessories that include a tool combination crevice tool, mini motorized tool Soft Dusting Brush, Extension Hose dusting brush that is hard to remove docking station, tool bag, and charger.
Also read: Very Shocking expert testing of Dyson V15 Detect
Run Time Tests
According to Dyson, the V8 has up to a 40-minute running time, while the V10 is capable of 60 minutes of running time. Be aware that the run time estimates provided by Dyson are determined using the lowest power setting and using an attachment that is not motorized.
This is how each vacuum did in our lab of testing to determine how long the vacuums last.
- Max Mode: 8:20
- Normal Mode: 31:40
- Normal Mode: 26:50
- Eco Mode: 49:40
- Max Mode: 5:30
Run-time tests were performed using Direct Drive (V8) and the Torque Drive cleaning head (V10) and Direct Drive (V8)
- Our trust is with Amazon
- Our trust is with Amazon
Dyson V8 vs V10 Design
The style is the Dyson V8. V10 looks fairly similar. Both are approximately the same in size, use the same sleek aesthetics, and use color to signify particular features or capabilities available for the respective models.
Each vacuum comes with an on/off trigger switch that will power the vacuum. If you’re not pressing the switch, the vacuum will stop working. This is an excellent feature to extend the life of batteries.
The simple accessories to use come using “quick release” latches that allow you to easily go back and forth while you clean.
The most significant difference in the style is in the cyclone mechanism and dust bin. In the Dyson V10, the cycles are redesigned to give a sleeker appearance, resulting in a larger dust bin.
The small adjustments to the design have a significant effect on the overall efficiency of the Dyson V10.
Also read: Is Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal worth buying?
Cleaning Pet Hair
If you have a pet, having a strong vacuum is essential. We utilize the Dyson at home, and it’s perfect for getting rid of the pet’s hair and fluff and dust.
The V8 was specifically created to remove pet hair. It’s not surprising that it has an “animal” in its name! It utilizes nylon bristles to trap hair and dirt that’s embedded extremely deeply. This deep-cleansing system is ideal for pet-friendly homes, and the entire system of filtration removes the smallest pieces of hair, dirt, and dust.
The V10 isn’t designed to clean pet hair. However, this doesn’t mean that it won’t perform the task.
Many satisfied customers who found the most powerful settings impressively take care of their pets. However, the gentle settings weren’t always able to perform the job, and a few users found that the vacuum did not meet their expectations of cleaning behind their pets.
The final aspect we’ll look at is the size of the bin. If you’re similar to us, emptying your bin is something you hate and put off for the longest time possible.
The V8 vacuum features an 0.14-gallon dirt bin that’s large enough to be a point. It is possible to empty it every several usages, but it’s a clean and tidy emptying system that takes some stress from the task.
But the V10 bin is indeed clearly larger. The exact dimensions aren’t known, but it is 40 percent bigger than the prior V10 model, 0.14 gallons. So, we can say that the bin’s capacity is approximately 0.20 gallons. This could prolong the time between trips to the garbage bin to empty the trash.
Winner: Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
- Our trust is with Amazon
Dyson V8 vs V10 Filtration System
Dyson is the winner in everything filtering. Dyson’s goal is to create homes with a healthier and cleaner environment.
The V8 vacuum features an entire HEPA filtering system that captures allergens and makes your air healthier than it was before. So, if you are in a house that has people with allergies, this vacuum is sure to enhance your air quality.
But, the V10 has a lot more by using a filtering system. It’s similar to the V10, but it is a superior system featuring fourteen concentric cyclones. The system catches 99.97 percent of dust particles as small as 0.3 microns, allowing you to breathe fresh, clean air at home.
Although both are excellent and both can serve a lot of families. The V10 is a bit more sophisticated.
Of course, you’ll have to use the vacuum to tackle a range of tasks, dirt, and many places around your home.
The V8 is fantastic because it’s ever-slightly lighter, making it simple to move around your home. It also offers the possibility of cleaning extremely high, which means it can eliminate dust and cobwebs from the corners of your ceiling. The weight balance makes it easy to do this.
The best part is that it can convert to a handheld cleaner! It is perfect for cleaning furniture, cars, and other difficult places to reach.
The V10 can be completely flat, which allows you to sweep away dust and dirt that accumulates under furniture. In addition, it has the option of converting to a handheld vacuum cleaner for furniture, the car, and even stairs.
We do, however, love the fact that the V8 lets users clean the high corners.
Dyson cleaners are cordless at the higher end of cleaning tools for homes, but they are incredibly suction-driven and are a great choice to use by those who regularly clean. When choosing the right V8 or V10 model, you should require two cleaning heads to choose from.
The Absolute is the ideal (but generally the most costly) option. If you’re content with only one cleaning head and some accessories, The other models also have the same features.
If you’re deciding between the V8 or V10, If you’re a fan of the latest model of everything and aren’t afraid to pay a little more for frequent vacuums and are looking for a new vacuum, the V10 is a better choice.
It has the power of a larger motor, a longer running time, and a larger bin capacity than the V8. You’ll probably be able to vacuum for longer without needing to recharge your vacuum or even empty it.
If you’re looking to cut costs (at the full retail cost, the difference between the V8 and V10 is about $100), It’s the V8 that’s worth it. Absolute remains a top vacuum as well as the Dyson.com version also includes several additional accessories.
The V8 and V10 are roughly the same weight and size and are similar in their maneuverability around your home. So ultimately, your choice is based on your budget and how much suction power you believe you require to keep your house clean.
Dyson V8 Verdict
If you’re a carpet owner, we strongly suggest you go with this Dyson V8. It’s designed to pull away dirt and other debris and pet hair from the carpet. But, it can also be used on floors made of hardwood.
Dyson V8 also offers almost identical performance for about half the price of its predecessor, the Dyson V10. The battery’s lifespan and suction power may be reduced, but we believe you’re getting more value for the money you pay.
Dyson V10 Verdict
For floors with hard surfaces, we suggest using the Dyson V10. It was designed specifically for use on hard floors and did an amazing job of providing floors free of dust and debris.
It is equipped with an amazing filtering system that can snuff away bacteria, allergens, dirt, and dust in your residence, leaving fresher air. The time it takes to vacuum is at least 60 minutes which is ideal for homes with large spaces.
Also read: What’s so fabulous about Dyson Omni Glide?
- Our trust is with Amazon